Senior Manager Māori Marketing
- Communicating with diverse Māori stakeholders.
- Lead the strategy and delivery of marketing to Māori audiences.
- Enable and encourage use of te reo me ona tikanga.
Looking for the buzz and reward of a Māori focused senior marketing role in the Waikato?
What you will be doing:
This is an exciting opportunity to lift the University’s ability to market and communicate to diverse Māori communities and stakeholders. This role will lead the planning, development, and delivery of marketing to Māori across the University that is relevant, of a high quality and targets key audiences. You’ll also be responsible for providing advice to the Director Marketing, DVC Māori and the Dean of the Faculty of Māori and Indigenous Studies. This role will also work closely with the Research Institutes across the University. You will also enable and encourage the use of Te Reo and provide guidance on tikanga across all marketing activity.
What you will bring:
- 8+ years’ experience in Marketing or communications
- Demonstrated confidence and proficiency with both written and spoken Te Reo, Tikanga Māori and Te Tiriti of Waitangi principles
- Expertise at marketing to Māori audiences
- Experience working in large, complex organisations
- Sound understanding of organisation and management processes
- Excellent understanding of risk identification and mitigation
- Knowledge of effective marketing on web and social media channels
- Ability to relate and work with a wide range of people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures in a helpful, courteous and sensitive manner – a master collaborator
- Ability to engage, present and influence with all levels of staff and key stakeholders
- Commitment to a culture of openness, flexibility and co-operation to achieve excellence in academic programmes, research and service
- Commitment to equal opportunity and to the University’s partnership with Māori as intended by the Treaty of Waitangi
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Russell Spratt on 04 550 8000