The Ngāpuhi Investment Fund Limited, known as Tupu Tonu, began operations In February 2021. Tupu Tonu is an independent Crown-owned investment fund, whose objective is to build and grow the value of a portfolio of high-quality commercial assets which can be offered by the Crown in historical Tiriti o Waitangi settlement negotiations with ngā hapū o Ngāpuhi. It has capital of $150 million and is a land-based, direct investment fund with a focus on Northland.
Tupu Tonu is seeking a full-time commercially minded Finance Manager to join their close-knit team to manage the finance function. The role will manage the accounting and finance activities providing reporting and analysis, as well as managing the company’s risk and accountability function.
The role is broad and deep in scope and requires obtaining an understanding of the investments Tupu Tonu makes to ensure correct accounting treatments are applied and management information reflects investment performance and risks. It requires working closely with the Investment team.
This is a role for someone who wants to step up to their first finance manager role and understand the whole business and contribute to Tupu Tonu’s success, beyond just the numbers. The role is supported by part time resource to carry-out activities such as invoice processing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accurate and timely production of monthly results, including carrying out month end with an ability to “tell the story not just the numbers”.
- Complete quarterly reporting of financial and business operations.
- Prepare and manage the annual reporting cycle and manage the external audit process.
- Ensure compliance with financial control systems and processes relevant to finance.
- Running the forecasting process, including annual budget setting and monthly reforecasting.
As our ideal candidate you will:
- Enjoy working in a small team and getting to know the whole business not just their part.
- Have a relevant tertiary qualification and be CA qualified or equivalent.
- Have intermediate to advanced Excel – VBA not required.
- Have a keen interest in investments, their performance and be commercially minded.
Entry to New Zealand from all countries remains strictly controlled to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may only apply for this role if you have the right to work in New Zealand. For information about New Zealand work or residence visas, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 12 April 2022
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Leanne Brockelbank on 0212436367