Senior Litigation Lawyer
- Outstanding opportunity
- General Litigation
- Supportive, flexible and collegial work environment
Due to an increasing demand for their services, Rainey Collins is looking for a Litigation Lawyer with at least five years post-admission experience to join their Dispute Resolution and Litigation team. The work undertaken by this team is challenging and varied with interesting clients, and offers unlimited opportunities to build your existing litigation skills in a friendly and fun team environment.
As a Litigation Lawyer at Rainey Collins, you will be exposed to a wide range of general litigation matters. The firm’s work includes employment, family, debt recovery, education, privacy, insurance, medical and construction. While experience in all these areas is not required, it would be an advantage to have experience in some of these areas of work.
This role will involve:
- running and managing your own files;
- meeting directly with clients;
- considering evidence and drafting legal documents;
- negotiations and mediations;
- drafting and presenting legal submissions before various courts and tribunals;
- briefing and leading witnesses;
- cross-examining witnesses; and
- providing mentoring to less experienced lawyers in the team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- at least five years’ post-admission experience;
- proven experience in some relevant litigation practice areas;
- excellent attention to detail and outstanding judgement;
- superior written and oral communication skills;
- a focus on delivering a high-quality service to clients.
- an excellent work ethic and out-going, “can do”, personality.
- a current NZLS practising certificate;
Rainey Collins has been practising out of Wellington for over 102 years. They pride themselves on having a collegial, friendly, and flexible environment, with an emphasis on supporting each other and developing each solicitor’s professional career. Career development opportunities parameters are set only by individual team members. If this sounds like the right fit for you, we would love to hear from you.
Rainey Collins offers a very competitive salary range for this role of $110,000-$130,000 per annum excluding KiwiSaver. Starting salary will reflect the successful applicant’s experience and skillsets, and is reviewed at least annually.
Entry to New Zealand from all countries remains strictly controlled to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may only apply for this role if you have the right to work in New Zealand. For information about New Zealand work or residence visas, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Ella Guy on 04 550 8000