Press Secretary to the Leader of the Opposition
- Use your media and political savvy to support National’s Leader.
- Influence senior leaders.
- Work in a fast paced and varied role.
Parliamentary Service supports New Zealand’s Members of Parliament by providing a range of professional services including quality advice and practical support in relation to media. They are looking for a skilled media specialist to join the National Leader’s Office as a Press Secretary.
What you will do:
In this role you will:
- Provide expert media advice to the Leader and MPs to help build their profiles and ensure their views are included positively in media stories.
- Prepare a wide range of material on topical issues including media strategies, talking points, media releases, Q&As and speeches.
- Use your finely honed risk radar to identify and mitigate issues.
- Work closely with the media and stakeholders to ensure they are informed of National Party positions on topical issues.
- Proactively build and manage media relationships.
What you will bring
You will have:
- Proven senior media experience
- Political nous and a strong risk radar
- A can-do attitude
- Strong relationship building skills
- The confidence to guide senior people on media and reputational issues
- Great organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Five weeks’ leave
- A vision testing subsidy and access to discounted health insurance
- Learning and development opportunities
- A highly collegial workplace that values every individual’s input
About Parliamentary Service
Parliamentary Service supports New Zealand’s democracy by providing excellent service to Members of Parliament, stakeholders and the public. Their support services to members include providing support staff, travel arrangements, policy advice, HR support, finance, research and information services, IST, security and catering services. They also look after the buildings and grounds of the parliamentary precincts.
Their core values are at the heart of how they work; Integrity, Manaakitanga, Accountability, Whanaungatanga and Empowerment. These values support their vision which is to have the best people supporting the best parliament in the world.
Entry to New Zealand from all countries remains strictly controlled to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may only apply for this role if you have the right to work in New Zealand. For information about New Zealand work or residence visas, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Tuesday, 26 October 2021
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Nikki Franklin or John King on 04 550 8000