Senior Financial Accountant
- Ensuring accuracy and integrity of the finance function.
- CFIS reporting.
- Excellent writing skills.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Financial Accountant to join our client’s busy finance team. As the Senior Financial Accountant, you will be ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the finance function. Reporting to the finance manager, you will be responsible for:
- managing year end processes and external audit, responding to any issues identified
- preparing financial aspects of the budgets and forecasts
- providing technical opinions on the appropriate accounting treatments and disclosures
- preparing briefing notes to the minister and contributing to cabinet and ministerial papers
- ensuring fixed assets are accurately valued and accounted
- providing training and mentoring to the team
Ideally you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and CA qualified or equivalent
- Solid experience in CFIS reporting and appropriation framework
- Strong working knowledge of the Public Finance Act
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact
- Experience in preparing briefings to Ministers
Entry to New Zealand from all countries remains strictly controlled to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may only apply for this role if you have the right to work in New Zealand. For information about New Zealand work or residence visas, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Leanne Brockelbank or Tracy Szeto on 04 550 8000