General Manager Kahui Māori
- Opportunity for Senior Transformational Leader.
- Wellington or Auckland.
Toitū te Waiora, Workforce Development Council represents industries in Community, Health, Education and Social Services. They seek the voice of industry to contribute and create an innovative and globally engaged Aotearoa through a vocational education system that provides opportunities for all people to reach their full potential and capabilities. This role reports to the Tumu Whakarae (CEO) and sits within a Senior Leadership framework.
You will be responsible for developing strategic relationships with iwi and Māori specific industry sectors to provide leadership across Toitū te Waiora with a focus on engaging and partnering with Māori. You will ensure development and implementation of a Māori engagement model across Toitū te Waiora and design fit for purpose training solutions based on a clear understanding of current and future requirements for Māori. This is an opportunity to set up a new system that prioritises Māori success, working with Iwi and Māori to shift to more culturally responsive teaching and learning where learners know they are valued. This is your chance to make sure there is a much stronger voice for Māori business and development.
To thrive in this role, you will have:
- Strong experience in collaborating and brokering with Māori stakeholders to achieve desired WDC outcomes
- Strong understanding of te ao māori, mātauranga tikanga and the principles of te Tiriti o Waitangi
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the vocational education (or similar) sector
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
- Proven experience to quickly adapt to changing circumstances, strong analytical skills and focus on quality of work
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday, 31st October 2021
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Russell Spratt on 04 550 8000