Senior Policy and Government Affairs Advisor
- Draw insights and strategies from policy.
- Advocate for a NZ group in a rapidly changing sector.
- Two-year, fixed-term role.
Firstgas Group is looking for a Senior Policy and Government Affairs Advisor to join their high-performing and commercially savvy Regulatory and Policy team. This is an exciting opportunity to stay abreast of all Government policy and to advocate for, and be a part of, Firstgas Group’s vision to lead the delivery of New Zealand’s energy in a changing world.
Use your strategic nous, and experience with policy submissions and analysing data to make a practical impact on Firstgas Group’s commercial decisions and help it deliver on its mission to provide safe and reliable energy that is affordable and accessible to Kiwi families and businesses.
In this role you will:
- Proactively identify issues/changes that will affect the Group
- Prepare submissions and briefings on relevant policy issues
- Build relationships and engage with government agencies and key stakeholders
- Lead internal communications to share relevant information
- Support and assist the Regulatory Policy Manager.
We are seeking candidates who have:
- Strong experience of policy submissions and advocacy
- Sound judgment and can take the initiative as appropriate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A first-class risk radar and an ability to quickly identify issues
- A relevant tertiary qualification(s) in policy, law, communications, business, economics, environmental science, or finance.
Entry to New Zealand from all countries remains strictly controlled to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may only apply for this role if you have the right to work in New Zealand. For information about New Zealand work or residence visas, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Tuesday, 14 September 2021
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION : www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Ella Guy on 04 550 8000