Senior Crown Accountant – Financial Reporting
- Kia Orana, welcome to Avarua, Rarotonga.
- Live and work in a tropical paradise.
- Minimum three-year contract terms.
The Cook Islands Government Ministry of Finance and Economic Management (MFEM) is offering a great opportunity to live and work in a tropical paradise as a Financial Accountant within the Treasury Management Division located in Avarua, Rarotonga.
Reporting through to the Crown Manager, you will be part of a team that ensures MFEM maintains accurate and high-quality monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting obligations, Crown consolidations and Crown financial statements as well as year-end financial audit process. Given the size of the organization, your responsibilities will be broad and varied including maintaining up to date and fit for purpose accounting policies and procedures with a lens on continuous improvement. You also will ensure an appropriate control environment is in place for compliance and auditing purposes. This role also require to provide training to all the Government Agencies to maintain and improve government financial reporting standards and skills at Ministry level.
You will possess:
- A tertiary qualification in accounting, ideally an ACA or above,
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role,
- Financial reporting and group consolidation experience is highly desirable,
- Knowledge and experience of, or an interest in, the Cook Islands political, economic, cultural and social structures.
The ideal candidate will bring a range of skills including time management, problem solving, technical accounting, and highly developed communication and stakeholder engagement. You will have the discretion to treat sensitive material appropriately. Experience in the public sector with an understanding of the machinery of government will be a distinct advantage.
In return you get the opportunity to make a significant contribution in a setting which is often described as ‘paradise’.
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: John Bell on 04 550 8000