- Unique opportunity to be part of Aotearoa history.
- Help shape the Takutai Moana journey.
- Permanent Position.
Te Arawhiti supports the Crown to act fairly as a Treaty Partner and is dedicated to fostering strong and ongoing relationships with Māori.
The Takutai Moana work program requires two Senior Analysts to support the determination of customary rights in the takutai moana (marine and coastal area). These roles will involve working closely with takutai moana applicants to foster positive relationships as we work through the process together.
You will also be involved with policy issues, ministerial correspondence, parliamentary questions and advising the Minister for Treaty of Waitangi Negotiations.
Ideally you will have experience in;
- Engaging with Māori
- Knowledge of te reo me ona tikanga
- Legislative process.
- Policy development
- Providing information to Ministers, Cabinet committees or select committees.
- Negotiating complex issues.
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience.
Entry to New Zealand from all countries remains strictly controlled to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may only apply for this role if you have the right to work in New Zealand. For information about New Zealand work or residence visas, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Andrew Watson or Russell Spratt on 04 550 8000