Principal Advisor – Takutai Moana – Te Arawhiti
- Unique opportunity to be part of Aotearoa history.
- Contribute effectively toward positive outcomes for Maori.
- Help shape the Takutai Moana journey.
Te Arawhiti supports the Crown to act fairly as a Treaty Partner and is dedicated to fostering strong and ongoing relationships with Māori.
We are seeking an experienced Principal Advisor to support the Takutai Moana work program. Vital to this role will be supporting the team to deliver high quality engagement with iwi, hapu and whānau groups. You will provide strategic oversight to engagements and plan for possible issues. You’ll also support the development of a service delivery culture where applicants’ recognition of customary rights in the takutai moana (marine and coastal area) is at the centre of the journey.
To be successful you will need to be an experienced Principal Advisor who has:
- Comfort with te ao Māori, te reo me ona tikanga and the ability to enable Māori led collaboration.
- Coaching and supporting others build their te ao Māori, te reo me ona tikanga.
- A sound understanding of NZ history and contemporary Māori experiences and views.
- Proven experience maintaining positive stakeholder relationships and networks.
- Experience in project management and understanding of Public Sector systems and processes.
- Knowledge of customer centric service design principles.
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
Entry to New Zealand from all countries remains strictly controlled to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may only apply for this role if you have the right to work in New Zealand. For information about New Zealand work or residence visas, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Andrew Watson or Russell Spratt on 04 550 8000