Capital Project Accountant
- Oversight across various capital investment projects.
- Focus on internal and external stakeholder management.
- $95k – $105k.
Education Payroll Limited (EPL) is a niche organisation servicing the education sector over the length and breadth of New Zealand. The organisation works with leading-edge technology and solutions and has an overall goal of making things easier for its clients; with an emphasis on accuracy, timeliness and quality of service. To be well positioned for 2021, EPL is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their Finance Team.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will work across the organisation to manage the investment road map and investment cases. You will undertake analysis of major capital investment projects and provide advice and recommendations around budgeting and forecasting as required. You will coordinate submissions for funding applications to EPL’s investment board by connecting the funding strategy with risk analysis and the strategic priorities and affordability of the various projects. You will be the conduit between the finance and development teams in terms of the establishment of project plans, recording of costs, and the preparation of monthly financial reporting, variance analysis and budget commitment.
This role will suit someone with:
- Experience supporting software development and reporting on it,
- A clear thinker and great writer,
- Strong financial and business analysis skills,
- Someone who is prepared to challenge assumptions based on rigorous analysis,
- Capital project accounting experience in an agile environment,
- Strong communication skills and the ability to tailor delivery to your audience,
- The ability to respond to changing priorities,
- CA certified.
Entry to New Zealand from all countries remains strictly controlled to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may only apply for this role if you have the right to work in New Zealand. For information about New Zealand work or residence visas, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Tuesday, 21 September 2021
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: John Bell or Tracy Szeto on 04 550 8000