Senior Advisor Strategic Communications
- Act as a trusted strategic communications advisor
- Help New Zealanders have the education and skills to thrive.
- A flexible, supportive team environment.
The Tertiary Educations Commission (TEC) – Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua is looking for a strategic communications specialist to design, develop and deliver communications plans and initiatives.
Mō Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua (About TEC)
TEC is a small Crown agency with a big job to do – to shape a dynamic education system that delivers lifelong learning and equips learners, communities and employers for success. It leads the Government’s relationship with the tertiary education sector and provides career services from education to employment.
Kōrero mō te tūranga (About the role):
In this role you will:
- Develop, deliver, monitor, and review communications plans and strategies
- Build strong collaborative relationships across the business/project groups, acting as a trusted communications advisor
- Provide broad and varied strategic communications support including for corporate documents such as annual reports, Statement of Intent and Minister briefings
- Provide key messages, talking points and speeches for senior TEC staff, the Minister and other key stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders across the education sector to ensure the information around tertiary education, training and careers is accurate and up-to-date
- Maintain an effective working relationship with the Minister’s office to assist with any communications requirements including risk and issues management.
Mōu – (About You):
We are looking for:
- Proven experience in strategic communications in a complex sector
- Understanding and experience working with the changing media landscape
- A thorough and up-to-date understanding of communications best practice
- Advanced relationship management and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate complex information simply
- Capacity to work independently and manage deadlines
- Politically and organisationally savvy.
Entry to New Zealand from all countries remains strictly controlled to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may only apply for this role if you have the right to work in New Zealand. For information about New Zealand work or residence visas, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday, 8 August 2021
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Nikki Franklin or John King on 04 550 8000