Senior Advisor Communications and Engagement
- Stakeholder engagement focus.
- Help New Zealanders have the education and skills to thrive.
- Understanding of Te ao Māori.
The Tertiary Educations Commission (TEC) – Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua is looking for a communications and engagement specialist who can further develop and implement its engagement strategy.
Mō Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua (About TEC)
TEC is a small Crown agency with a big job to do – to shape a dynamic education system that delivers lifelong learning and equips learners, communities and employers for success. It leads the Government’s relationship with the tertiary education sector and provides career services from education to employment.
Kōrero mō te tūranga (About the role):
In this role you will:
- Develop, deliver, monitor and review communications and engagement strategies
- Build strong collaborative relationships across the business/project groups, providing trusted advice on the implementation of stakeholder strategies
- Maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including the Minister’s office, the Ministry of Education, NZQA, Māori and other stakeholders.
- Provide a strong stakeholder lens across TEC projects and initiatives, anticipating issues and potential implications.
- Provide wider communications support across the business including responding to media queries.
Mōu – (About You):
We are looking for:
- Proven experience in communications and engagement in a complex sector
- Understanding and experience in developing and implementing communications and engagement with Māori would be an advantage
- A thorough and up-to-date understanding of communications engagement best practice
- Advanced relationship management and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate complex information simply
- Capacity to work independently and manage deadlines.
Entry to New Zealand from all countries remains strictly controlled to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may only apply for this role if you have the right to work in New Zealand. For information about New Zealand work or residence visas, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday, 8 August 2021
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Nikki Franklin or John King on 04 550 8000