Senior Communications Advisor
- Sole charge role.
- Dynamic bicultural organisation.
- A passion for early childhood education.
Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand (ECNZ) is a dynamic bicultural organisation, committed to supporting high quality early childhood education through advocacy and teacher education. The organisation is influential in shaping the sector, lobbying the government and government agencies and providing members with support and advice.
If you’re keen to be part of a diverse, collaborative and energetic team, this Senior Communications Advisor could be your next move.
Kōrero mō te tūranga (About the role):
In this role you will:
- Develop and manage the annual communications plan including all external and internal communications
- Build the brand profile and reputation of Te Rito Maioha as a leader in early childhood and teacher education
- Manage proactive and reactive media including media releases, articles, newsletters, web and social media content
- Proactively establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Continuously improve all external and internal communications
- Work closely with teams across the organisation to deliver day-to-day communications support and guidance.
Mōu – (About You):
We are looking for:
- A positive, flexible, self-motivated team player with a background in communications and public relations
- 5+ years’ communications experience, preferably within not-for-profit, NGO, education or social development sectors
- Strong writing, editing and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the ability to support a bicultural kaupapa
- Confidence to engage with people at all levels
- Digital channels experience
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday, 11 August 2021
APPLY OR VIEW THE RECRUITMENT BRIEF: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Nikki Franklin or John King on 04 550 8000