Senior Adviser, Engagement – Kauri Protection
- Purpose driven role.
- Protect our environment.
- Engagement, behaviour change & communications.
Imagine a role where you can help protect New Zealand’s environmental future and taonga. The Ministry for Primary industries has a great opportunity for a communications or marketing professional to provide engagement, behaviour change and communications support to the Kauri Protection Programme as it stands up a new Management Agency. The Kauri Protection (and subsequent Agency) is a collaborative partnership with hapū, iwi , relevant councils, the Department of Conservation, and kaitiaki (guardians) of areas where kauri is found to protect the future of our native kauri.
Kōrero mō te tūranga (About the role):
In this role you will:
- Develop and implement behaviour change engagement strategies and plans
- Work with tangata whenua and partner organisations, providing support on programme branding and identifying key audiences, channels and tactics
- Raise the awareness and profile of Kauri Protection, the National Pest Management Plan and the Agency
- Build stakeholder support and participation and positively influence behaviours
- Develop stakeholder plans and ensure ongoing stakeholder engagement.
Mōu – (About You):
We are looking for:
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of engagement and communications strategies and plans and delivering behaviour change activities over multiple channels
- Experience in event management and coordination
- Strong writing, editing and oral communications skills
- Ability to build and maintain constructive and effective relationships at all levels
- A real self-starter and someone who is prepared to work collaboratively to get things done
- Someone who thrives in an establishment environment, who can deal with ambiguity and find a way forward.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua – (About MPI):
MPI works to safeguard New Zealanders’ way of life in the future. To ensure this, we have a vision where New Zealand is the world’s most sustainable provider of high-value food and primary products. We have a team of dedicated people who are making this happen.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday, 1 August 2021
APPLY OR VIEW THE RECRUITMENT BRIEF: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Nikki Franklin or John King on 04 550 8000