Senior Media Advisor
- Make a real difference for New Zealanders in a fast-changing world.
- Work with senior leaders on international issues.
- Join a skilled media team where no two days are the same.
Want to use your media skills to help New Zealand thrive as we reconnect with the world?
Due to an internal promotion, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade – Manatū Aorere is looking for a senior adviser to join its dynamic media team.
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the role
In this role you will:
- Provide expert advice and implement media strategies
- Manage the Ministry’s dealings with the media
- Use your flair to turn the complex into the easy-to-understand
- Demonstrate your sound understanding of the machinery of government
- Work with the wider Communications Team to deliver projects and campaigns
Mā wai te mahi nei? – Who are we looking for?
Someone who has:
- Previous media experience at senior level
- Experience in government and/or private sector communications
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to turn content around quickly
- The ability to stay calm in any storm, at any time
- A well-tuned risk radar
- The ability to occasionally travel internationally
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Aorere – Why the Ministry?
The Ministry is committed to a focus on leadership, talent, training and development, and flexible work options. Check out its benefits page for more about why people love working at the Ministry.
It is also working to grow the diversity of its workforce and the inclusive nature of its workplace. Click on its diversity and inclusion page to find out more.
Mō mātou – About the Ministry
The Ministry’s people represent New Zealand on and offshore, and in doing so make New Zealanders safer and more prosperous. By building connections with, and influencing other countries and international institutions, they advance New Zealand’s interests and pursue New Zealand’s values.
Me pēhea te tuku tono – To Apply/Interested?
You must be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate New Zealand Government Security clearance.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday, 27 September 2021
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: John King or Nikki Franklin on 04 550 800