Journalism Funding Advisor
- Help manage public interest journalism funding.
- Work closely with the news media.
- Grow your skills in a two-year fixed term role.
What you will do
New Zealand On Air is looking for someone who understands the news media and has strong administrative and analytical skills to advise on public Interest journalism funding applications.
In this role you will:
- help ensure all funding recommendations are soundly based and defensible
- monitor progress in contracts, budgets, production and delivery
- produce insightful management reports based on high-quality data
- foster effective stakeholder relationships to ensure New Zealand On Air is kept informed about sector developments.
What you will bring
You will have:
- a passion for, and understanding of, the news media, preferably underpinned by an appropriate tertiary qualification
- a strong sense of Aotearoa New Zealand’s identity and breadth of culture that will inform your work
- an organised approach to managing data and processes
- the ability to create reports based on strong analysis.
- demonstrated experience with data collection, spreadsheets and contracts
- an understanding of audience and engagement metrics.
This is a chance to grow your career in a key media role that operates across the public and private sectors. You will work as part of a dynamic and supportive team, and have the option to work flexibly.
About New Zealand On Air
New Zealand On Air is a public media entity created to increase the diversity of local content available to New Zealand audiences. Its prime statutory objective is to reflect and develop New Zealand identity and culture.
New Zealand On Air is responsible for managing the $55 million in funding the Government is investing over three years to support public interest journalism, which will be produced and shared by New Zealand media outlets.
New Zealand On Air wants a diverse workforce that reflects Aotearoa New Zealand. It welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, please tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
This role is fixed term for two years until 2023.
Entry to New Zealand from all countries remains strictly controlled to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may only apply for this role if you have the right to work in New Zealand. For information about New Zealand work or residence visas, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 21 June
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: John King or Nikki Franklin on 04 550 8000