Business Case Lead
- Lead a critical part of MSD’s transformation story.
- Manage and deliver an enterprise business case.
- 18 months fixed term.
Manaaki tangata, Manaaki whānau
Ministry of Social Development (MSD) helps New Zealanders to be safe, strong and independent. It strives for New Zealanders to get the support they require, be resilient, live in inclusive and supportive communities, participate positively in society and reach their potential.
Te Pae Tawhiti – ‘Our Future’ is MSD’s strategic direction. It sets out how MSD is going to bring about positive changes in the wellbeing of the people, whānau, families and communities it serves.
To make the biggest difference it can for New Zealanders, it is focusing on three areas:
- Mana manaaki – is about looking after the dignity of people with warmth, listening, respect, compassion, openness and fairness.
- Kotahitanga – is about unity and collective action, working together with whānau, families, hapū, iwi, providers, communities and other government agencies.
- Kia takatū tātou – underpins the intention to prepare for future realities and take a long-term approach to community, regional and economic development. The Organisational Planning, Performance and Governance (OPPG) unit will host and support the development of a business case and plans to ensure the continuation and progression of MSD’s future state work, to deliver to the intent of Te Pae Tawhiti.
The design of service model components has been progressed, but further work is needed to develop the service model, provide more detail on the broader future state to support portfolios, and advance specific business cases in relation to a commitment to further funding.
Reporting to the GM Strategy and Performance, the Business Case Lead will provide functional leadership on the development of a high-quality enterprise business case and guide the work of project teams. The Business Case Lead will work with the relevant business leads and engage with Treasury to deliver a robust and future-proof result.
Attributes sought include:
- Experience with the business case framework and its application for decisions going to Cabinet for approval
- Strong experience in policy formulation and government processes
- Resilience and passion to thrive in an environment of pace and change and bring others on the journey
The position will suit someone who can provide strong thought leadership and enjoys using evidence-based analysis to advise decision makers. The ideal candidate will relate well to colleagues across the organisation and externally, and influence upwards with confidence and sensitivity.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday, 11 June 2021
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Helen Cox or Simon Boyes on 04 550 8000