- Visionary leadership.
- Sustainable growth.
- Gisborne location.
Rongowhakaata Iwi has a rich past, filled with legacies of ancestors and places that tell our story of resilience, adaptation and innovation. We are hapu and whānau of Turanganui a Kiwa.
Our patupaiarehe ancestors were born from the land, forests and rivers. Our ancestors navigated from Hawaiki to Turanga, bringing with them our Polynesian whakapapa. All lines of descent from the chiefs on the Horouta canoe, including Paoa and Kiwa, descend to Ruapani, a man of peace and the father of Turanga. We regularly traversed the Pacific Ocean as our highway. We owned our own economy, growing and trading regionally, nationally and internationally. We supported and were supported by our kinsmen when times were tough. We often stood in the face of adversity with courage.
Our tipuna Rongowhakaata, originally from Uawa, came to us through love. He was a shapeshifter who transformed into a Karearea, to pursue our tipuna wahine, Uetupuke, as she fled through the Waioeka Gorge.
We are driving a future for ourselves that captures our essence as a people. We are resilient, adaptive and innovative and we seek like-minded people to navigate this part of our journey with us.
Our Journey together
If you want to be a leader in economic development, environmental stewardship, cultural capital and social wellbeing, then consider your place with the Rongowhakaata Iwi Trust. We have taken steps to develop our organisational infrastructure, to anticipate our need to be responsive and agile enough to work with you.
We seek values driven leadership that anticipates sustainable growth.
- Your focus will be on optimising existing investment strategies which take a Rongowhakaata quadruple bottom-line approach to commercial development.
- Your ability to undertake business case analysis, make commercial recommendations to the Board and then implement them is critical.
- You will have effective communication, relationship management and leadership skills, to progress our journey ahead.
- You will have a track record of engaging with and working extremely effectively for Boards in order that their vision is sustainably realised. Sometimes this will include picking up a tea towel at the pa.
- You will be based in Turanganui a Kiwa, and the remuneration package will include sunny days, the freshest fruit and veges, a spot of surfing and the best seafood on the eastern seaboard.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday, 2 May 2021
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Russell Spratt on 04 550 8024