Technical Services Manager
The Earthquake Commission (EQC) Kōmihana Rūwhenua is a Crown Entity with a mission to reduce the impact of natural disasters on people and property. We support people in their greatest hour of need when dealing with natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods, and landslips. We also extensively fund and facilitate research to build understanding of natural disasters and help educated New Zealanders on how to prepare for and mitigate damage from natural disasters.
In this role, you will provide both strategic and operational engineering and specialist technical services direction as well as advice that ensures the accurate qualification of natural disaster damage, and the application of appropriate remediation solutions in a natural disaster event.
You will play an important role in supporting the development of EQC’s event response strategy and in doing so, ensure the right technical skills and approaches are being considered and applied within the response and recovery phases of the event by EQC and its partners.
In addition to the above, you will lead a team of technical specialists and technical writers, with specific expertise in interpretation of the EQC Act and how it applies operationally. The capability of this team is strategically important to EQC for their ability to advise on the practical application of government policy, and similarly support the implementation of new operational policies to effectively guide and manage operations.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A professional Engineering qualification
- At least 10 years of technical experience in the field or in a related technical area.
- Sound practical and technical knowledge of residential house construction and repair techniques.
- This role requires a high level of technical expertise, communication, facilitation and co-ordination skills as well as an ability to lead from the front as required.
- Proven team leadership experience, leading a team of experts not necessarily in your field of capability.
- You will have a good knowledge of:
- the local (and to the extent relevant regional) authority consenting requirements for residential house construction and repair
- requirements under the Building Act (including the building Code, associated MBIE Guidelines and New Zealand Standards) relevant to residential house construction and repair.
- Strong organisation skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritise, plan and manage busy workloads effectively.
EQC is dynamic, rewarding, invigorating, collaborative and challenging! We look for talented, motivated, customer centric and results focused individuals. We are a high change, responsive and adaptive environment so resilience and agility in the way you work is essential.
For a more detailed understanding of the position and its key accountabilities please refer to the Position Description.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 27 November 2020, 5.00pm.
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Ginny Fail on 04 550 8000