Head of Partnerships
The Earthquake Commission (EQC) Kōmihana Rūwhenua is a Crown Entity with a mission to reduce the impact of natural disasters on people and property. We support people in their greatest hour of need when dealing with natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods, and landslips. We also extensively fund and facilitate research to build understanding of natural disasters and help educated New Zealanders on how to prepare for and mitigate damage from natural disasters.
Reporting to the Chief Readiness Officer, this role will lead and drive the one-EQC Partnership approach for all Readiness Group and EQC claim services partner interactions. The role is accountable for the integrity and delivery of quality outcomes from having strong strategic, commercial relationships with all insurers and suppliers involved in the end to end natural disaster claims management functions. You will lead a small team who will work alongside EQC’s operational team and external partner leaders to embed strong relationship management practices.
You will continually strive to build independent [of EQC] and skilled natural disaster claims management functions within the partner organisations, through ensuring they have everything they need to deliver efficacy of outcomes for the end customer and to meet the obligations as set out in Agreements. You will work closely with the key enabling EQC functions such as Procurement and Assurance teams, alongside external management consultancies for audit and measurement delivery, to ensure partners and suppliers are delivering on expectations and commitments under the Agreement and respective Acts.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant degree, ideally in Business, commerce or a related field is expected
- At least 15 years’ work experience in a stakeholder management or similar role is required
- Experience working effectively at a senior level in a strategic partnership focused role with accountability for the commercial performance of high value contracts
- Strong understanding of the stakeholder and partnership relationship principles and experience with brokering and developing successful partnerships across commercial and public sector entities
- Experience in the insurance sector and an understanding of the wider insurance issues locally and nationally
- Strong and intuitive communication skills, with the ability to lead the flow of open and constructive information between external partners and EQC
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Ability to operate successfully in a fast moving, demanding and politically sensitive environment with proven success in influencing complex change in the context of external partnerships
- Ability to facilitate high level problem solving across different stakeholder groups, working with different sources of information
EQC is dynamic, rewarding, invigorating, collaborative and challenging! We look for talented, motivated, customer centric and results focused individuals. We are a high change, responsive and adaptive environment so resilience and agility in the way you work is essential.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday, 27 November 2020, 5.00pm
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Simon Urquhart-Hay on 04 550 8000