NGCC Lead Entity Director
- Make a difference to frontline Emergency Services and our communities.
- Complex, multi-agency leadership.
- Sophisticated relationship management and engagement.
New Zealand’s Emergency Services – comprising Fire and Emergency New Zealand, New Zealand Police, St John, and Wellington Free Ambulance – have a common vision to develop their communications capability so that they can effectively communicate with their frontline personnel to ensure their safety and enable them to deliver services to our communities today and into the future.
The Next Generation Critical Communications (NGCC) Lead Entity has been established to coordinate and lead the investment in replacing and evolving that communications capability.
The NGCC Lead Entity is a business unit hosted by New Zealand Police, governed by an independent Board. The Board membership includes an independent Chair and four subject matter expert Members, the Commissioner of Police, the Chief Executives of Emergency Services agencies and the National Emergency Management Agency, and a senior representative from The Treasury.
We are seeking a Director to lead the delivery of the NGCC outcomes and managing the NGCC Lead Entity. This role is the leader and has primary responsibility for ensuring the planning, implementation, managing and running of all NGCC functions and programmes is appropriately undertaken.
- Leadership – Drive and lead the achievement of investment objectives, communicate and execute the vision and strategy to internal and external audiences, support the independent Board in meeting their responsibilities to Ministers and Emergency Services agencies.
- Service delivery – Responsible for the delivery of investment outcomes on behalf of the Board, direct the NGCC Lead Entity operations and associated programmes and projects, perform the role of Senior Responsible Owner
- Relationship management – Build and maintain strong working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, including participating Emergency Services agencies, Ministers, officials, monitoring and oversight agencies, suppliers and delivery partners
Staff management: 7-10 direct reports, and a full team of between 30-50 indirect reports. Financial management accountability for circa $100 million per annum.
The role is appointed by the Commissioner of Police in consultation with the independent Board.
What you’ll bring:
You will be an experienced leader in delivering complex, multi-agency initiatives. While your background may not be exclusively in the public sector you will be able to demonstrate strong understanding of the machinery of Government and have the ability to engage with Ministers, senior public sector officials as well as private sector and Non-Government Organisations executives.
Experience in or knowledge of the fields of telecommunications, ICT or technology sectors is crucial.
You will be strategically focused, yet able to focus on the details to support sound governance and management problem solving and decision making.
The successful candidate will have exemplary communications skills and a proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships, with strong negotiating and influencing skills.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday, 30 October 2020
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Brent Robinson or David Hollander on 04 550 8000