Practice Lead, Learning and Practice
- Can you identify the strengths and weaknesses of an organisation and implement development strategies to enhance capabilities?
- Apply best practice approaches to improve processes and enhance performance
OSPRI is a non-profit organisation which operates in partnership with New Zealand’s primary industries and government to achieve on-farm biosecurity objectives through animal disease management and traceability. We work closely with our shareholders, Beef and Lamb New Zealand, Dairy NZ, Deer Industry New Zealand and the Ministry for Primary Industries, plus a range of other stakeholders, to deliver on our value statement: Farmers and markets can depend on us to provide assurance as to the health and status of animals.
OSPRI has a key role in the biosecurity system to contribute to New Zealand’s national and international reputation in animal products. TBfree and National Animal Identification and Tracing are OSPRI programmes.
With a new Chief Executive at the helm, significant and exciting changes have been made over the last 12 months and the next step in OSPRI’s evolution is to establish a strategically focused, collaborative and forward-thinking Executive Leadership Team with a strong emphasis on organisational agility. To help OSPRI achieve this, a new Practice Lead, Learning and Practice role has been created.
About the Role:
The Practice Lead, Learning and Practice is part of the Quality, Compliance and Assurance team. The purpose of the role is to design, develop and implement learning frameworks and best practice approaches to ensure OSPRI’s core systems, policies and processes are improved, imbedded, understood, and used to their best ability. The role is required to identify any gaps and learning needs for OSPRI based on operational performance and feedback loops and continually improve the knowledge base and capabilities of the organisation through innovative learning techniques. This will allow OSPRI to improve its operations by adopting best practice approaches and applying the right level of technical and scientific know-how to best service their customers. With mechanisms in place essential to meeting their strategic objectives, this role provides the organisation with the ability to scale up and improve existing practices. Through collaboration with all business groups and senior stakeholders, this role will identify the requirements for upskilling, specify new deliverables and where required bringing in the resources to bridge any knowledge gaps.
This is a role destined for someone who wants to improve both capability at both an individual and organisational level and would suit someone who:
- Has strong coaching capabilities, with the ability to identify strengths and weaknesses and understand tensions and pressures.
- Holds mana amongst their colleagues and is able to collaborate effectively across different teams.
- Has an analytically focused mind, is able to present data to demonstrate capability and knows what ‘good’ is.
- Is experienced in using online learning tools and designing learning solutions for policies, systems, and processes.
- Knows how to lift existing practices and overlay them onto new projects.
- Is knowledgeable on best practice approaches, how to implement them and measure its effectiveness in improving business outcomes.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday, 7 June 2020
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Simon Boyes on 04 550 8000