Group Manager Marketing & Communications
Reference ID 6870
- Member of the leadership team.
- A champion for Hastings.
- Live and work in gorgeous Hawke’s Bay.
Hastings is pumping! The district, home to more than 80,000 people, is one of the best places to live, work and play in New Zealand. It has amazing wineries, a stunning climate, golden beaches, a new arts and cultural centre, fantastic sporting facilities and a CBD that is being revitalised. Economically, Hastings is the engine room of Hawke’s Bay. It’s been a bit of a secret about how great Hastings is – but word is spreading, proven by its recent population growth.
The Hastings District Council wants a fresh approach to how it reaches and engages with its communities and how it tells the Hastings story locally, nationally and across the globe. To drive this work, it has created a new Group Manager role on its leadership team, which requires:
- a highly experienced strategic marketing and communications leader who can inspire their team to engage and connect creatively and proactively with the Hastings community
- a proven and experienced reputation manager with the ability to lead crisis communications when needed
- an experienced brand manager who will champion Hastings, the district and its events to a wide range of audiences
- a strong relationship builder, both internally and with external stakeholders
- an influencer who can build trust with, and provide counsel to, the CEO, Mayor, Councillors and senior managers
- well-developed political nous
- the ability to contribute, as a member of the leadership team, to the strategic leadership of the Council.
The Council has a big programme of work ahead of it. If you thrive in a varied, challenging and transformational environment, where delivery through collaboration is critical, then this is the opportunity for you.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday, 4 March 2020
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: John King or Annabel McCallum on 04 550 8000